Cauldron repos

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Cauldron repos

Postby dalto » Jul 8th, '21, 02:13

Are the Cauldron repos supposed to replace or overlay the Mageia 8 repos?

The wiki instructions differ between the urpmi and dnf instructions. The urpmi instructions replace the repos and the dnf instructions add them to the existing repos.
dalto

Re: Cauldron repos

Postby benmc » Jul 8th, '21, 09:36

(note to mods, please move this to viewforum.php?f=15 Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC, Cauldron)

I only use urpmi, so for me it is replace the Mageia 8 repos.
not a good idea to mix version repos.

(as an aside, you are currently unable to complete an upgrade to Cauldron, (database errors) so you would be best to install via net-install media)
benmc

Postby dalto » Jul 8th, '21, 19:40

benmc wrote:(note to mods, please move this to viewforum.php?f=15 Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC, Cauldron)

Oops, sorry about that. I didn't see that category.

benmc wrote:I only use urpmi, so for me it is replace the Mageia 8 repos.
not a good idea to mix version repos.

After giving it some thought last night, I used dnf but disabled all the Mageia 8 repos first even though it wasn't in the instructions

benmc wrote:((as an aside, you are currently unable to complete an upgrade to Cauldron, (database errors) so you would be best to install via net-install media)

I did the upgrade last night using dnf without obvious issues. Is there something I need to check for to make sure there isn't something wrong?
dalto

Postby Bequimao » Jul 8th, '21, 20:36

see here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13270
The info is still valid.

Regards,
Bequimão
Bequimao

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron