Very big problem with displaying fonts!

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Very big problem with displaying fonts!

Postby distar » Feb 10th, '21, 21:27

The fonts are "blind"! Not only does a 10pt font take 9pt (corrected by changing the dpi to 96 in the KDE font settings), but they are also fuzzy. Anti-aliasing settings do not bring relief. The monitor is identified by the system correctly, the parameters correspond to the passport requirements. Note that Mageia6 did not have such a problem - the fonts displayed amazingly.
Spoiler:
bug.png
bug.png (24.3 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

Desktop environment: KDE default, probably Plasma.
Antialiasing/hinting I tried all possible configurations - it didn't get better, only worse. If you enable hinting, the font becomes even less readable.
Now I set the KDE fonts in the settings - DPI = 104. I will not say what has become good, but at least somehow you can work.

bug3.png
bug3.png (23.63 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

#xdpyinfo | grep -B2 resolution
screen #0:
dimensions: 1680x1050 pixels
resolution: 96x96 dots per inch
Spoiler:
bug4.png
bug4.png (41.73 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
distar

Re: Very big problem with displaying fonts!

Postby distar » Feb 11th, '21, 12:02

The problem is localized at the level of the included Firefox - on Chromium it is also from the distribution, there are no problems with displaying fonts
bug5.png
bug5.png (1.09 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

Chromium on top, FireFox on the bottom. Masting is disabled, DPI reassignment using KDE tools is disabled. Anti-aliasing - disabled
distar

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron