(Solved)My install (M8) isn't telling my printer to print.

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

(Solved)My install (M8) isn't telling my printer to print.

Postby Yachtsman » Nov 8th, '20, 11:48

There seems to be a problem in the files that tell printers to print. I'm using M8 I know that M8 is cutting edge and I'm not qualified to problem solve it myself. It was working, but now it doesn't. I have two printers, both HP's a Deskjet 2630 (Older) and an Officejet Pro 9020. I think I've installed them correctly USB cable first not that M8 says USB in control panel it says serial. I feel that could be the problem. The install instructions from HP say connect first with USB then you can get the wireless link up.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Nov 9th, '20, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Currently, an ASUS MiniPC with M9 I installed.
Yachtsman

Re: My install (M8) isn't telling my printer to print.

Postby doktor5000 » Nov 8th, '20, 15:28

Have you tried to remove the printer via MCC and set it up again via hp-setup when plugged in with USB?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Re: My install (M8) isn't telling my printer to print.

Postby Yachtsman » Nov 9th, '20, 11:30

On trying again first thing NOT late at night, it prints as a WiFi network printer but still won't work connected by cable. That's a problem as I was trying to build a wired network. I have concerns that Wifi is NOT secure. I consider this a workaround it does work but doesn't work cable-connected and doesn't auto-install as the Deskjet 2630 does.
Currently, an ASUS MiniPC with M9 I installed.
Yachtsman

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron