Mageia 8 beta: cannot add an account to instant messenger

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Mageia 8 beta: cannot add an account to instant messenger

Postby rgnsss » Sep 3rd, '20, 08:43

Trying to add an account to an Instant Messenger of Plasma . By pushing "Add New Account" it opens a list of available messengers. If choose one (i tried Skype, Telegram), nothing happens then, and it just redirects me back to an empty frame where is no accounts added yet, and the only "Add New Account" button is available.
rgnsss
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 3rd, '20, 08:39

Re: Mageia 8 beta: cannot add an account to instant messenge

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 3rd, '20, 18:45

What version of kaccounts-providers and kaccounts-integration do you have installed? Did you install updates from cauldron yet ?
If you run it from a terminal via
Code: Select all
kcmshell5 kcm_kaccounts
can you please post the full output after trying to add one account ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
User avatar
doktor5000
 
Posts: 16072
Joined: Jun 4th, '11, 10:10
Location: Leipzig, Germany

Re: Mageia 8 beta: cannot add an account to instant messenge

Postby rgnsss » Sep 4th, '20, 10:08

The full output of kcmshell5 kcm_kaccounts :
Code: Select all
Unexpected topLevelWindows found: 2 please report a bug
Qt WebEngine seems to be initialized from a plugin. Please set Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts using QCoreApplication::setAttribute before constructing QGuiApplication.
Unexpected topLevelWindows found: 2 please report a bug
Unexpected topLevelWindows found: 2 please report a bug
tp-qt 0.9.8 WARN: Error parsing config file for connection manager "haze" - introspecting


Btw after [root@localhost rgn_sss]# rpm -qa | grep -i kaccounts
lib64kaccounts2-20.08.0-1.mga8
kaccounts-integration-20.08.0-1.mga8
I found that kaccounts-providers probably hadn't been installed natively. After install, both versions are:
kaccounts-integration-20.08.0-1.mga8
kaccounts-providers-20.08.0-1.mga8
However, problem still appers itself
rgnsss
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 3rd, '20, 08:39


Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest