[Solved] Firefox Addon disabled (old xpi certificates)

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

[Solved] Firefox Addon disabled (old xpi certificates)

Postby kensan » May 4th, '19, 23:40

Hi,
As you have seen firefox have globally addon disabled.
See: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-disabled-or-fail-to-install-firefox
Add-ons disabled or fail to install on Firefox
Please do not delete your add-ons as an attempt to fix. You will lose any data related to the add-on.

So the question relate to mageia is: Will be arrive the patch from about:studies in the next 6 hour? Is the issue the same in Mageia 6.1 stable and in MGA7b3?
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/ Updates:
Clarified that the Studies fix applies only to Desktop users of Firefox distributed by Mozilla. Firefox ESR, Firefox for Android, and some versions of Firefox included with Linux distributions will require separate updates. (May 4, 12:03 EST)

Does require Firefox on mageia separate update?

Note that XPI certificate is not the same of your bank site certificate (https).
Last edited by kensan on May 7th, '19, 14:32, edited 2 times in total.
kensan

Re: Firefox Addon disabled (old xpi certificates)

Postby kensan » May 4th, '19, 23:55

I have noted that in MGA7b3 xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config setted to false does the trick. I suppose that b3 uses instable version of firefox.
If this trick works for b3 it is unknown the path for fix the issue in stable version and b3.
kensan

Postby kajosim » May 7th, '19, 11:28

on MGA6 Plasma,Firefox.
First I tried to re-install an add-on I needed much. It gave an error. So I deleted the add-on and tried to install. Still got an error.
The simple fix : xpinstall.signatures.required in about:config setted to false also does the trick in MGA6. Now it works
kajosim

Postby isadora » May 7th, '19, 12:21

..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Re: [Solved] Firefox Addon disabled (old xpi certificates)

Postby kajosim » May 17th, '19, 21:43

Today I manually updated MGA6 and got a new Firefox 60.6.2esr which solved the issue.
I tried to reset xpinstall.signatures.required to true and the add-on's still work.
So Firefox is back to normal.

maybe related - it started about the same time : printing in Firefox just gives an empty page (just header and footer).
It turns out 2 parameters should be reset to the usual values. This solves it.
In the printing preview window :
page size : somehow the values for A4 paper was wrong , selecting another size and then back to A4 returned the correct values
scale : was set to custom and I changed it back to "shrink to fit".
Hopefully a clean install of F 60.6.2 will not have this issue.
kajosim

Re: [Solved] Firefox Addon disabled (old xpi certificates)

Postby isadora » May 18th, '19, 09:12

My advise; open a new topic for this issue.
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron