yumex in Mageia7 beta 2 virtualbox within windows 7

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

yumex in Mageia7 beta 2 virtualbox within windows 7

Postby JJF » Feb 26th, '19, 07:45

Code: Select all
g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.dnf.exceptions.MarkingError: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.7/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 707, in _message_cb
    retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dnfdaemon/server/__init__.py", line 68, in newFunc
    rc = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/dnfdaemon/dnfdaemon-system", line 485, in AddTransaction
    value = self.add_transaction(pkg_id, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dnfdaemon/server/__init__.py", line 505, in add_transaction
    rc = self.base.package_upgrade(po)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dnf/base.py", line 1930, in package_upgrade
    raise dnf.exceptions.MarkingError(_('No match for argument: %s') % pkg.location, pkg.name)
dnf.exceptions.MarkingError: No match for argument: cinnamon-applet-blueberry-1.2.5-2.mga7.noarch.rpm
 (36)
JJF

Re: yumex in Mageia7 beta 2 virtualbox within windows 7

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 26th, '19, 19:04

Please next time use the cauldron subforum for cauldron related-questions.

And it would help if you would at the very least add some question that you may have for your post, and what you were trying do to.

Apart from that, I don't think yumex works in cauldron: https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24430
Or it might be a dependency problem of cinnamon-applet-blueberry or any dependency of it. What happens if you install it directly via dnf or urpmi ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby JJF » Feb 27th, '19, 07:14

Thanks
I am using yumex just for curiosity. I was trying to update the system using yumex. It started OK and fetched all available updates, but than, after I selected and asked to install all , I got this reported error.
Nothing critical as MCC updated the system without any problem
JJF

Postby JJF » Feb 27th, '19, 08:01

Further to my previous post. Same behaviour with gnome or plasma desktop. i.e. it is not related to Cinnamon
JJF

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 27th, '19, 20:02

Well, if the error is reproducible, it should be reported as a bug: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_report_a_bug_properly
Otherwise the error will probably stay like that.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron