[SOLVED] Recognize and mount drives (MGA7B2)

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

[SOLVED] Recognize and mount drives (MGA7B2)

Postby psyca » Feb 3rd, '19, 16:45

Hello.
I installed yesterday a clean Mageia 7 Cauldon Netinstall with LXQt only. Everything worked ok, but i found out, that it doesnt show a popup, if i plugin an external USB drive (USB-Stick or external Harddiskdrive) and it also doesnt show it in the Filemanager (PCManFM-Qt) and the only way i found out to have access, if i open MCC, choose "Partitioning disk". There the drive is listed and i can watch the content - so its no problem with the USB connectors (the drive is in the directory /root/.temp-something-hidden-folder).
The drives are NTFS formated and i also have the NTFS-3G package already installed but also FAT(32) formated drives dont work.
If i try to mount it with the mount command then it says everytime, that only root can mount devices.

How can i set, that i (user) can mount the devices (or it mounts automatic)? - Somehow its no problem with Mageia 6. In MGA6 i can plugin and its mounted automatic.
Last edited by psyca on Feb 17th, '19, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.
psyca

Re: Recognize and mount drives only for root possible (MGA7B

Postby doktor5000 » Feb 6th, '19, 20:29

I'll try to take a look at it, might be a problem with libfm-qt.

Dumb question, what does "lxqt only" mean in particular? Did you install task-lxqt or task-lxqt-minimal ?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby psyca » Feb 7th, '19, 00:24

doktor5000 wrote:I'll try to take a look at it, might be a problem with libfm-qt.

Dumb question, what does "lxqt only" mean in particular? Did you install task-lxqt or task-lxqt-minimal ?

Clean Netinstall (64-bit) with only selecting LXQt as desktop environment and no additional desktop.

Thanks
psyca

Postby psyca » Feb 17th, '19, 22:58

Tested today... It works.
Thanks.
psyca

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron