[SOLVED] Updates blocked:Need to update rpmdrake, dependency

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

[SOLVED] Updates blocked:Need to update rpmdrake, dependency

Postby aguador » Sep 13th, '17, 00:58

I suspect the answer must be somewhere, but searches of the forum and documentation has not turned it up.

Problem: After returning from 6 weeks without reliable (read: without usable) Internet I started to update my Cauldron system. The majority of things installed, but now updates like glib2 are stuck because "rpmdrake or one of its dependencies needs updating first". Rpmdrake is up-to-date but a couple of dependencies are not. However, trying to install of them one-by-one with rpmdrake fails.

Using urpmi's auto update results in aria2 and perl-URPM packages being listed for installation, but installation fails claiming that neither perl-URPM-5.14-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm nor aria2-1.32.0-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm are valid rpms. Likewise using rpm -Uvh on each package results in a message indicating that the file does not exist.

What am I missing/What steps should I try next?
Last edited by aguador on Sep 22nd, '17, 20:38, edited 3 times in total.
aguador

Re: Updates blocked:Need to update rpmdrake or dependency

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 13th, '17, 12:10

Did you try to clean up the urpmi cache beforehand? And please add the output of
Code: Select all
urpmq --list-media active --list-url
urpmi --auto-update --test
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby aguador » Sep 13th, '17, 14:00

Thanks for the quick reply, doktor5000. Clearing cache did not solve the problem. The output of the two urpmi commands are attached.
Attachments
Test_urpmi-auto-update.txt
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Url-active-media.txt
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
aguador

Postby benmc » Sep 13th, '17, 22:02

is there a particular reason you have 2 mirrors enabled?

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/distrib/cauldron and http://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron.

I note that you also do not have an x86_64/media/core/release Core media enabled.

this probably why this error occurs: http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/dis ... .hdlist.cz

...falló la recuperación: curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

try removing the excess mirror and repos and enabling your core release.
benmc

Postby aguador » Sep 13th, '17, 23:16

I activated the ftp.free.fr mirror when I saw the 404 errors to see if there were a mirror issue. It did not change the behaviour.

As far as core release, it is enabled as shown in this snippet:

Core Release (distrib1) http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/dis ... re/release

In fact, the updates from the core release show in rpmdrake, but are "not found" for some reason when I try to update with either rpm, urpmi or MageiaUpdate.
aguador

Postby Ken-Bergen » Sep 14th, '17, 00:38

Try disabling all of
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/distrib/cauldron
and see if things work.
Ken
Ken-Bergen

Postby aguador » Sep 14th, '17, 10:48

Removing the Swedish mirror eliminated the 404 error. However, the problem persists. Attempting to update with rpmdrake fails with the following error: glib2 >= 2.53.6 es necesario por perl-Glib-1.326.0-2.mga7.x86_64

Clearing the rpm cache and attempting to update with urpmi --auto-update avoids the perl-Glib package, but fails with an invalid rpms message. Attempting to install the glib2 update with rpm -Uvh glib2.0-common-2.54.0-2.mga7.x86_64.rpm returns a file not found error.

Could this be a curl issue?
aguador

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 14th, '17, 13:04

aguador wrote:Could this be a curl issue?

You can find out by passing the --wget option to urpmi. So please again the output of

LC_ALL=C urpmi --auto-update --wget --test

and please do not attach such short output as text files, but simply use [ code ] tags for that.
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby aguador » Sep 14th, '17, 14:21

Here is the output for the active media:

Core Release (distrib1) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x8
6_64/media/core/release
Core Updates (distrib3) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/core/updates
Nonfree Release (distrib11) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/nonfree/release
Nonfree Updates (distrib13) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/nonfree/updates
Tainted Release (distrib21) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/tainted/release
Tainted Updates (distrib23) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/tainted/updates
Core 32bit Release (distrib31) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release
Core 32bit Updates (distrib32) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/updates
Nonfree 32bit Release (distrib36) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/nonfree/release
Nonfree 32bit Updates (distrib37) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/nonfree/updates
Tainted 32bit Release (distrib41) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/tainted/release
Tainted 32bit Updates (distrib42) ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/tainted/updates

The output of the auto-update test is 1,366 lines, so I will summarize:

• wget identified 278 packages with updates
  • about 200 packages were identified as being "bad rpms"
  • answering "Y" to "continue anyway":
    • 45 packages were identified for installation "from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms"
    • "Installation failed: glib2 >= 2.53.6 is needed by perl-Glib-1.326.0-2.mga7.x86_64"
aguador

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 14th, '17, 15:47

aguador wrote:Here is the output for the active media:

As you didn't mention how you added those, you could disable all the updates repos, as for cauldron there are no "updates" repos.

aguador wrote:The output of the auto-update test is 1,366 lines, so I will summarize:

• wget identified 278 packages with updates
  • about 200 packages were identified as being "bad rpms"

If the packages are not properly downloaded that usually means that the mirror is not synced or you tried to update during the sync process when the mirror is in an inconsistent state.

But it seems this is a current problem for cauldron, as discussed on the dev mailing list (which you should be following infrequently if you are using cauldron)
https://ml.mageia.org/wwsympa-wrapper.f ... 00057.html
----
doktor5000

Postby aguador » Sep 14th, '17, 16:46

Thanks, Doktor5000.

Yes, I certainly don't need the update repos. These were part of the default after executing urpmi removemedia and addmedia commands.

I will browse the dev mails as I am on the list but still trying to catch up with six weeks of material. At the moment I also need to deal with the "disappearing printer" issue on my mga6 installation (Bug 21699).
aguador

Postby aguador » Sep 22nd, '17, 20:34

Someone on the dev list more able than I did indeed figure this one out. Basically, the question was how to get the rpm updates installed when Cauldron was actually expecting them to be installed. Solution:

• Go to a Mageia mirror, e.g., "http://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/mageia.org/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/core/release/"
  • Download two individual packages: aria2-1.32.0-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm ; perl-URPM-5.14-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm
  • Install individual packages using rpm -Uvh
  • Execute urpmi --auto-update

urpmi takes care of updating the needed rpm packages then restarts to download updates normally. In my case nearly 500 packages!
aguador

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron