kfilebox missing from rc? dropbox crashes

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

kfilebox missing from rc? dropbox crashes

Postby DiBosco » Jun 22nd, '17, 23:32

Folks,

Seen someone else reporting that kfilebox was crashing and theree was a suggestion to install run dropbox. However, I can't find kfilebox in the repositories, let alone install it and find it crashes.

When I install dropbox from the repositories or from the dropbox website and attempt to run from the command line I get a segmentation fault.

I tried the headless install from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/install-linux

You can see the icon briefly appears in the system tray and then it crashes giving the segmentation fault error.

Has anyone managed to find a fix for this please? Or know what's happened to kfilebox?

DiBosco

Re: kfilebox missing from rc? dropbox crashes

Postby morgano » Jun 23rd, '17, 15:54

I believe kfilebox was removed as it is not developed anymore
Here dropbox suddenly ceased to work with segfaults on my wifes computer soon a year ago, but on my machine it still runs (both cauldrons already then, running plasma)
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby doktor5000 » Jun 23rd, '17, 19:07

Regarding dropbox, please use the forum search function the segfault has come up already quite a few times.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Erik » Jul 19th, '17, 12:43

Yesterday I installed Mageia 6 official on two computers, one by upgrading online and one with a clean installation. Both work perfectly, but the former one's login was very slow until I deleted the .kde4 directory. In neither one can I get dropbox working. the error is: segmentation fault (core dump). I also installed Rosa Fresh R9 Plasma; here I can install dropbox without any problem, although there are problems with the dolphin service menu. I cannot find the core dump and doubt whether I can understand what it says.

Is there something that I can do to remedy this?

Congratulations with this new version!

Keep up the good work and greetings.

Erik
Erik

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron