Desktop Effects in Virtual Box

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Desktop Effects in Virtual Box

Postby mattkingusa » Jun 12th, '17, 23:35

I don't know anything about packaging a distribution. I did have a question about desktop effects though. If a user is doing a fresh install on a virtual machine, could the desktop effects be off by default? In Mandriva 2011 they are off by default and when compared to the RC they performance just scrolling on a website is much better, much much better. I mean it is snappy fast. I would assume that has more to do with firefox being a massive hog, however, with desktop effects off on this virtual install (Mageia current RC) everything is super smooth. With them on it's terrible. That is one thing that I have an issue with in most distros though. They should have desktop or compositing off if you are utilizing virtualbox guest additions or vmware software. If that is not possible, that's alright. Mageia is still the best OS. And I just can't wait until the final release is ready.
mattkingusa

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron