Startup sound volume uncontrollable, always jumps to 100%.

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Startup sound volume uncontrollable, always jumps to 100%.

Postby benbullard79 » Feb 17th, '17, 04:48

My question is why does the volume always jump to 100% when startup or shutdown sound plays? :oops: This can't, and shouldn't be desired behavior (IMO). :cry:

Before anyone posts about where the volume controls are I know where they are. I'm using fully updated Mageia 6 sta 1 with Plasma5. This should be possible to set with PulseAudio Volume Control. Doesn't work, as soon as startup or shutdown sound plays volume jumps to 100%. I'm aware of the 'Set as Fallback' button in PAVC. That also doesn't work. Setting sound with alsamixer and running 'alsactl store' as root also doesn't work. So how can I get startup/shutdown volume to remain at say 50%? I would like to not have to disable startup sound but the to loud 100% volume is incompatible with apartment living.
Thanks,
Ben
OpenMandriva Lx3, Mageia 6
benbullard79

Re: Startup sound volume uncontrollable, always jumps to 100

Postby jkerr82508 » Feb 17th, '17, 05:52

There's an open bug report:
https://bugs.mageia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=19377
The problem seems to be in pulseaudio, but our pulseaudio maintainer hasn't been around much recently.

Jim
jkerr82508

Postby benbullard79 » Feb 19th, '17, 02:44

Thanks Jim. That's exactly my problem so I'm cc'ed to that bug report.
Thanks,
Ben
OpenMandriva Lx3, Mageia 6
benbullard79

Postby ozky » Feb 20th, '17, 14:20

jkerr82508 wrote:The problem seems to be in pulseaudio, but our pulseaudio maintainer hasn't been around much recently.

Colin Guthrie is quite busy in he's personal life he can't contribute Mageia anymore like many years ago no time.
Mageia user
ozky

Postby filip » Jul 25th, '17, 18:25

I have this bug too. Nerve wrecking. Workaround from bug report works but I'm not happy as I'm unable to set proper levels at least yet.
filip

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron