How to test out a Plasma Wayland session?

This forum is dedicated to testing early releases and cauldron : Howtos, tips, tricks and user global feedback and thoughts...

Helpful tip :
For bugs tracking we use : https://bugs.mageia.org = The Mageia Bug Tracker
In this bug tracker you'll find already reported bugs and you'll be able to report those you have found....

Re: How to test out a Plasma Wayland session?

Postby ITA84 » Feb 15th, '18, 20:17

After updating to Plasma 5.12.1 (beta KWin crashed for me) I can tell things look somewhat nicer and without graphical glitches. Maximizing works fine this time! And Spiral Knights doesn't lock the pointer when it shouldn't. What's still not working right:
- large mouse pointer on Plasma widgets and Wayland applications, normal on title bars and XWayland applications
- same keyboard problems as before
- while there are no more glitches, Plasma widget positioning is still wrong (krunner, Plasma menus, etc...)
- SMPlayer crashes still

At least there doesn't seem to be any regression
ITA84

Re: How to test out a Plasma Wayland session?

Postby ITA84 » Apr 6th, '18, 19:06

Quick update to say that I've found either the solution or a workaround to the keyboard issue: I've set a keyboard mapping (System Settings -> Keyboard -> Mappings -> Configure Mappings) and now it works just fine. I've also found working touchpad settings, so now touchpad acceleration is acceptable for me. Pointer size remains (I've read one can use a fixed size as a workaround, but the difference between XWayland and Wayland applications is definitely a bug), as well as keyboard autorepeat key delay, which doesn't change no matter how I set it in System Settings
ITA84

Previous

Return to Testing : Alpha, Beta, RC and Cauldron