Need to reset password for main account [SOLVED]

This forum is dedicated to people who consider becoming contributors :
-- Packaging & translating,
-- Support,
-- Spreading Mageia,
-- And many others options you have to help.

Need to reset password for main account [SOLVED]

Postby duskfire_linux » Apr 12th, '12, 19:17

Hello all :
Last night I tried to make a new account here, because I'm interested in helping to test bugs on the new Beta 3 that comes out this Saturday. The light wasn't good and so I must have mistyped the password I used to register.
I cannot find instructions for how to get a password reset for the account (NOT this forum account, that's separate and I found the FAQ for it. I mean the main Mageia account registration), so I can subscribe to a couple of mailing lists (QA-discuss, mainly). Please advise me how I can do that.

Thanks !

(I have used and liked Mageia 1, and reviewed it on my blog. I wanted to help test for approx. 2 weeks, although I really don't know much about what's involved, what you guys need from us testers, etc.)
Last edited by duskfire_linux on Apr 12th, '12, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
duskfire_linux

Re: Need to reset password for main account

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 12th, '12, 19:26

This forum uses the identity.mageia.org account, actually every Mageia web site uses that account.
Check https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia.org_user_account
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby duskfire_linux » Apr 12th, '12, 20:03

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I thought that the underscore in my name may have been the problem, but I just managed to log in using the email/pw in the upper right of the mailing list webpage. Hopefully that solved the problem.
duskfire_linux

Postby doktor5000 » Apr 12th, '12, 20:23

Undescores in username are only a problem for the wiki, as mediawiki has a problem with underscores in usernames, which is also mentioned on the wiki page i've linked to.

Now please mark your topic as [SOLVED] by editing the subject of the first post and prefixing it with [SOLVED]. Thanks.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Basic questions about contribution