O.A.D. (open-source game) - Mageia 4. Alpha 2

This forum is for all contributions that do not concern directly the making of the distribution.
Could be : artwork, websites development, goodies, advocacy etc.

O.A.D. (open-source game) - Mageia 4. Alpha 2

Postby macxi » Sep 13th, '13, 22:24

Hi,

I installed the Oad-Cross-Platform RTS Game of Ancient Warfare in the Mageia 4, Alpha 2, through MageiaWelcome and it worked ok. I do not get to play, because I do not know how to play this game, but it opened and worked very well in these early parts.

See text and video about the game O.A.D.: Support 0 A.D., an Open-Source Strategy Game:

What is “0 A.D.”? In short, 0 A.D. is a free, open-source, cross-platform, real-time strategy game of ancient warfare.

To break it down (and get rid of a lot of hyphens!), the game is similar to the classic games in the Age of Empires series and is completely free to download and play. 0 A.D. is not only completely gratis, but its codebase is freely available under the GPL and its art and music are licensed under CC BY-SA. It's free to distribute and mod. This means there is no DRM. And, above all, 0 A.D. sets an important precedent for software freedom in computer games. More on that later.

Note: the same topic in the Mageia of Brazil forum
macxi

Return to Other