Screenshots zip install Mageia 1 - en, es, de, gr, fr, pt-br

This forum is for all contributions that do not concern directly the making of the distribution.
Could be : artwork, websites development, goodies, advocacy etc.

Screenshots zip install Mageia 1 - en, es, de, gr, fr, pt-br

Postby macxi » Jun 9th, '11, 05:24

Hello,

I provide some screenshots of install Mageia 1 - LiveCD - KDE, in six languages:

French, German, Spain, Greek, English and Portuguese in Brazil.

I tried to provide in fliclkr, but is many images and the free storage space is small,, so I submit here, as the compressed file in dropbox, if anyone is interested:

1 - French
2 - German,
3 - Spanish,
4 - Greek,
5 - English and
6 - Portuguese-Brazil.

With the free space available on flickr, I provide screenshots of mageia in Portuguese of Brazil.

Screenshots for beginners about configuration of "video Card", "printer" and "Firewall ".

--> Configuration of "video Card" - album e show slides

--> Configuration of "Printer" - album e show slides

--> Configuration of "Firewall" - album e show slides.

The same topic in forum MageiaBrasil
Cheers!
macxi

Re: Screenshots zip install Mageia 1 - en, es, de, gr, fr, p

Postby macxi » Jun 9th, '11, 15:21

Hello,

I provide screenshots with the storage space a little larger (1GB) of Picasa:

Screenshots --> english - album - show slides

Screenshots --> french - album - show slides

Screenshots --> portuguese - album - show slides

Link to MageiaBR
Last edited by macxi on Jun 9th, '11, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
macxi

Postby isadora » Jun 9th, '11, 15:34

Thank you macxi for this great source of information.
I shall not hesitate pointing people to it, thanks once more!!!!
..........bird from paradise..........

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
isadora

Postby Akien » Jun 9th, '11, 17:32

Well, thanks for the hard work, that should prove useful!
It will be much easier to help people having difficulties with an install if we're backed with screenshots, for describing the things the user is supposed to see from memory can sometimes be hard.
Co-leader of Mageia's packaging and development team (dev).
List of packages I maintain.
Akien

Postby macxi » Jun 11th, '11, 00:39

Isadora and Akien,

I provide screenshots of Mageia LiveCD KDE, languages ​​in SPANISH, GERMAN and GREEK:

Screenshots --> SPANISH - album - show slides

Screenshots --> GERMAN - album - show slides

Screenshots --> GREEK - album - show slides

I've seen the tutorials wiki Mandriva official text contains many guidelines for the use of text-based Mandriva and little explanation for using the mode-chart (and a few images). The Wiki Mageia should have a lot of images. It's what I'm trying to do the Wiki MageiaBrasil (in english) and why did these posters and these screenshots.

I think Mandriva 2010 and Mageia 1 are super simple to use and stable, and can be used for basic and novice user, without having to run the command line, just for the graphics mode. I think this is an important quality. Mandriva and Mageia have the graphics mode so stable and well made, especially the Mandriva/Mageia Control Center.

I think people should know better how simple it is. But isn't easy to find current guidance on using the Mandriva Control Center in the Mandriva Wiki.

Therefore, I advocate the idea of making simple tips for using graphics mode, for clarification of doubts simple for the basic user, who just wants to use and does not want to know technical details,

I think essentially the dissemination of simple tips for three tasks in Mageia (or any other linux):

a) tips for installing Mageia (but not all need to know);
b) tips on how to install media (software repositories);
c) tips on how to install software.

I think it is essential to show how this new system software repository in linux (the windows-user thinks he can install any packages that they download from the internet), and how easy it is to install the media. And that after installing the media, it's super easy and safe to install software.

Cheers! :)

Note: I believe that the most part of doubt (in the discussion forums) are about basic questions, and a good graphic manual could help many users beginners. This saves time that would be spent with explanations simple and repetitive.

The Mandriva Control Center, inherited by Mageia is so good that is being copied by the user of Ubuntu (in portuguese and in spanish) and the system software management of Linux is being studied by the windows.

If the "Control Center Mageia" and "Software Management Mageia" are good, I think it is important to explain its use and disclose it. :)
macxi

Return to Other