The first news article covering the Mageia's initial release

This forum is for all contributions that do not concern directly the making of the distribution.
Could be : artwork, websites development, goodies, advocacy etc.

The first news article covering the Mageia's initial release

Postby tallship » Apr 6th, '11, 12:38

Advocacy. Okay, I suppose I should post my initial announcement concerning the release of Mageia 1 Alpha 1 here, just for the sake of completeness. It's been over a month now, but the relevance of the event, bears significance that isn't going to be superseded by anything short of Mageia 1 stable's release in less than two more months :)

Here is that Link

This is a great place to archive bits of advocacy here and there, as the stated purpose of the forum invites.

Hope that helps :)

Kindest regards,

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
http://NorthTech.EU
Registered Linux User #190795

- "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.
tallship

Location: On the Beaches of Super Sunny Southern California USA

Re: The first news article covering the Mageia's initial rel

Postby wobo » Apr 6th, '11, 15:16

Yes, it's been almost 2 months and there were many such articles around the world in different languages (google alert showed lots of online articles for the Alphas).
We also had great coverage at the start of the Mageia project (see http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=press where many reviews in 17 different languages are listed).

It's a good idea to collect such links here (may be under a more generic subject), sorry to hijack your thread, Bradley.
wobo
---
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
(Stairway to Heaven, Led Zeppelin)
wobo

Return to Other