Artwork for Mageia 2

This forum is for all contributions that do not concern directly the making of the distribution.
Could be : artwork, websites development, goodies, advocacy etc.

Re: Artwork for Mageia 2

Postby schultz » Nov 1st, '11, 20:51

Will do when i have written it, so in about 10 years or so....
Atelier leader
schultz

Postby schultz » Nov 2nd, '11, 01:32

I just did a blog post, I will get in touch with Marr/Comm about it shorty.

http://schultzslog.blogspot.com/2011/11 ... quest.html
Atelier leader
schultz

Postby dbxrecord » Dec 4th, '11, 15:25

Mageia artwork, a vast subject. In my experience with Linux I have used Mageia on and off a few times, my elderly father with just 384mb memory in his computer enjoys Mageia 1 LXDE. The great thing about Mageia is the ability to have all of these desktops like KDE Gnome and LXDE under the Custom install - so you can choose which one.

As for Artwork, think desktop function this is the most important criteria. Mint 12 has redesigned the desktop and is delighting its many users. In a similar way Mageia needs to not rely on the standard Gnome or KDE presentation. For inspiration MCN Toronto had a lovely desktop - it had a KDE version 3 setup which was very close to Mandriva 2007. Those early Mandriva's were the best. The artwork was sharp and the desktop was easy to use. The latest Mint 12 reminds me of those early Mandriva editions and obvious dislike by so many people of Unity in Ubuntu this is the very reason why Mageia needs to concentrate on a really nice desktop experience.

Of interest Mint will run in Mac computers, if Mageia could do the same it would have new audience. A Mageia tablet ?

Cheers / Chris
dbxrecord

Previous

Return to Other