Mageia-QA: to rent a testing VPS, anyone want to join me?

This forum is for all contributions that do not concern directly the making of the distribution.
Could be : artwork, websites development, goodies, advocacy etc.

Mageia-QA: to rent a testing VPS, anyone want to join me?

Postby ca-on-adam » Aug 22nd, '18, 09:17

Hi,

I'm an inactive QA member and I am thinking of renting a server for performing QA testing. It's more of a motivational rather than a technical need; if I've put the money in for a system to be there, then I'm more likely to actually do something instead of neglecting my home Mageia testing box in the corner that's proven to be easily ignored.

If anyone else would benefit from having this, I'd like to share the cost with you. The cheaper VPS out there are containers that use a shared kernel so in order to test new kernels I'll need full virtualization which naturally costs more money.

You can reply here or PM me. I won't receive emails originating from this forum as Mageia users can't change their email addresses since Feb 2018.

Thanks,

ca-on-adam
ca-on-adam

Re: Mageia-QA: to rent a testing VPS, anyone want to join me

Postby ca-on-adam » Oct 21st, '18, 21:25

I have found a hosting provider that will run a fully virtualized Linux system at an affordable price. I have gotten Mageia 6 64-bit installed and I hope that it does help prompt me to become active again testing for the QA team.

If you want to use the system for testing packages or kernels, just PM me as stated above. I will try to submit a request to the sysadmins of Magiea.org to get my email address changed so that I will be in the loop.
ca-on-adam

Re: Mageia-QA: to rent a testing VPS, anyone want to join me

Postby morgano » Oct 24th, '18, 14:02

Welcome back :)
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Return to Other