xmgrace 5.1.24

This forum is dedicated to packaging and translating :

On those activities rely the making of Mageia Linux Distribution.

Post all questions and information about packaging and translating : feedbacks, discussion about guidelines, packaging practices...

xmgrace 5.1.24

Postby cmorning » Jan 3rd, '15, 16:24

Mageia 4 currently includes xmgrace (grace) version 5.1.22. It would be great to update this to 5.1.24 which has some important bug fixes. Thanks.
cmorning

Re: xmgrace 5.1.24

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 4th, '15, 02:02

Hi there.

Actually this is the wrong place to report this. Please first read and try to understand our updates policy:
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Updates_policy
What would those important bug fixes be, and did you already open a bug report for that?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby cmorning » Jan 4th, '15, 05:05

xmgrace 5.1.22 is several years old. Version 5.1.24 is the latest version from earlier this year, according to http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/. I'm not an xmgrace maintainer or developer, but I use xmgrace (within Mageia 4) in my research. The version in Mageia
grace-5.1.22-11.mga4 grace-devel-5.1.22-11.mga4
is too buggy for me, so I have compiled the newer version from source which works fine. Just thought whoever maintains that package in all recent versions of mageia might wish to update for other users. I will try to submit a "bug report" but this is more of an update request. I don't know what all bugs were fixed.
cmorning

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 5th, '15, 02:35

cmorning wrote:I will try to submit a "bug report" but this is more of an update request.

Bugfixes, update requests, new package requests or security update requests are all handled via bugzilla.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Packaging and translating for Mageia