gnomebreakpad rpm is wrong

This forum is dedicated to packaging and translating :

On those activities rely the making of Mageia Linux Distribution.

Post all questions and information about packaging and translating : feedbacks, discussion about guidelines, packaging practices...

gnomebreakpad rpm is wrong

Postby RonaldV » Oct 17th, '13, 12:46

The file libgnomebreakpad-2.32.0-6.mga3.i586.rpm contains libgnomesegvhandler.so, not libgnomebreakpad.so
RonaldV

Re: gnomebreakpad rpm is wrong

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 17th, '13, 20:30

Why and how is that wrong in your opinion?
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby RonaldV » Oct 18th, '13, 07:42

I have Mag3 running as a virtual machine. I ssh into it from another machine ( Mandriva 2010.1).
If I then start meld to see differences between local sources, I get the warning :
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad"

I only get the warning when I ssh, not directly on the machine itself.

Checking the Mandriva, I found "/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libgnomebreakpad.so" is loaded with meld ( checked with lsof)
but not in Mag3. I found libgnomebreakpad-2.32.0-6.mga3.i586.rpm with the MCC and installed it.
Starting meld, I get the same error. I noticed the lib installed is libgnomesegvhandler.so, no what I expected.
If I copy libgnomesegvhandler.so to libgnomebreakpad.so and start meld, no warnings, no problems.

So, has the rpm the wrong lib.so file, or is gtk-2.0 trying to load the wrong module ? Or is it something else ?
My problem is solved for now, but I like to know.
RonaldV

Postby doktor5000 » Oct 18th, '13, 19:47

Note sure, i'm not that much into GNOME stuff, but from what I've seen, libgnomebreakpad.so is long obsolete. But you should report that as a bug report, after searching if it hasn't been reported yet already: https://wiki.mageia.org/en/How_to_report_a_bug_properly
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Packaging and translating for Mageia