[SOLVED] Freecad Compile Q RPM done ! (MGA4 Builds!!!)

This forum is dedicated to packaging and translating :

On those activities rely the making of Mageia Linux Distribution.

Post all questions and information about packaging and translating : feedbacks, discussion about guidelines, packaging practices...

Re: [SOLVED] Freecad Compile Q RPM done ! (32bit also)

Postby pete910 » Nov 18th, '13, 14:36

disegnoarch wrote:The programm run!
1)I’ve uninstalled the sources and the package “freecad-debug”
2)I’ve reinstalled the first source,

urpmi.addmedia freecad http://mageia.unrealnetworks.co.uk/i586

and the second source

urpmi.addmedia freecad_noarch http://mageia.unrealnetworks.co.uk/noarch

3)From control center I've selected and install, freecad and freecad-doc (a notice asked me that the program urpmi needed to be update, I give OK) and ... yuppy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8ue7 ... mata22.png

Thanks to you Pete and all those who work for this distribution!

Ciao Pietro

8-)
pete910

Re: [SOLVED] Freecad Compile Q RPM done ! (32bit also)

Postby pete910 » Mar 17th, '14, 02:32

Finally done Mageia 4 builds see 2 post down for details :D
pete910

Re: [SOLVED] Freecad Compile Q RPM done ! (MGA4 Builds!!!)

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 17th, '14, 22:02

This is the last post in this thread ;)
You mean the other thread? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7209
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby pete910 » Mar 18th, '14, 02:55

doktor5000 wrote:This is the last post in this thread ;)

Erm, This is the Freecad rpm thread, not python-pivy :roll:

Should have said 2nd post down on first page though :oops:

Clicky below :lol:

https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5661#p38456
pete910

Postby doktor5000 » Mar 19th, '14, 00:03

pete910 wrote:
doktor5000 wrote:This is the last post in this thread ;)

Erm, This is the Freecad rpm thread, not python-pivy :roll:

Noted, but still:
pete910 wrote:Has anyone managed to build/install python pivy into mageia 4, with 3 there is no problem but on 4 it fails to build.
[...]
Been trying for a fortnight to solve this so I can build the freecad package for Mageia 4.

This was the only related recent thread from you that I could find - didn't realise you mean this thread ;)
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby Micromet » Dec 8th, '14, 18:32

I was told by doktor5000 to comminicate my problem to you - which is below:

The FreeCad problem was: no matter how many times I downloaded (suspecting a failed download) "freecad-0.14.3256-3.mga4.i586.rpm from mageia.unrealworks.co.uk/mga4/i586 it would halt halfway through installation with the following:

An error occurred: ERROR: 'unpack' failed for freecad-0.14.3256-3.mga4.i586.

Is this something wrong with the package or am I doing something wrong?
Micromet

Postby pete910 » Dec 8th, '14, 22:09

Micromet wrote:I was told by doktor5000 to comminicate my problem to you - which is below:

The FreeCad problem was: no matter how many times I downloaded (suspecting a failed download) "freecad-0.14.3256-3.mga4.i586.rpm from mageia.unrealworks.co.uk/mga4/i586 it would halt halfway through installation with the following:

An error occurred: ERROR: 'unpack' failed for freecad-0.14.3256-3.mga4.i586.

Is this something wrong with the package or am I doing something wrong?

No, it's not something you've done/doing wrong. Looks to be corrupted , Sorry.

Am re-uploading as I type this. So give it half hour or so from this post and try it again.
Let me know if its good or not, or if any others cause problems.
pete910

Postby Micromet » Dec 9th, '14, 16:39

Thanks Pete910 - thats fixed it - installed satisfactory and now running
Micromet

Postby Azlinon » Jan 6th, '15, 08:53

First, thank you very much for all the work on this. Second, would you please be willing to share your SPEC and any patches? Any existing work you have is likely to be a huge help. I went through the provided links, but the only freecad source material I found was for 0.13 under the MGA3 tree.

I previously spent some time trying to package FreeCAD on MGA3, but I just got a known/unresolved segfault on 0.14 and never could get all the files in the right places for 0.13.

If someone else doesn't get this into cauldron first, I plan to officially tackle that one soon (currently a packaging apprentice). I just finished my first pass through Slic3r, and FreeCAD is coming up fairly soon in my TODO list.

-Rick
Azlinon

Postby morgano » Jan 6th, '15, 17:31

Great, guys :)
I would likte to try it out on mga5/cauldron.
Mandriva since 2006, Mageia 2011 at home & work. Thinkpad T40, T43, T400, T510, Dell M4400, M6300, Acer Aspire 7. Workstation using LVM, LUKS, VirtualBox, BOINC
morgano

Postby pete910 » Jan 6th, '15, 19:24

Azlinon wrote:First, thank you very much for all the work on this. Second, would you please be willing to share your SPEC and any patches? Any existing work you have is likely to be a huge help. I went through the provided links, but the only freecad source material I found was for 0.13 under the MGA3 tree.

I previously spent some time trying to package FreeCAD on MGA3, but I just got a known/unresolved segfault on 0.14 and never could get all the files in the right places for 0.13.

If someone else doesn't get this into cauldron first, I plan to officially tackle that one soon (currently a packaging apprentice). I just finished my first pass through Slic3r, and FreeCAD is coming up fairly soon in my TODO list.

-Rick

Well, I aint a clue where the src rpms went. The mga3 src rpm is there :oops: I know I tried to update to the newer version which just fails.

Freecad is a damn pain tbh. You certainly picked a corker to learn with, This is/was my first jump into packaging too .

I'll re-upload the src rpm

morgano wrote:Great, guys :)
I would likte to try it out on mga5/cauldron.

Seems that a few other of the deps that is needed have problems with MGA5 last time I tried.

I will have another crack at weekend with their latest version.
pete910

Postby Azlinon » Jan 7th, '15, 09:55

I'm an experienced RPM packager, just new to the Mageia team. Btw, Mageia makes the task comparitively easy. By comparison, I'm usually stuck dealing with RHEL on an extremely buggy 4.4 RPM build, and sometimes even AIX on RPM 3.x.

But yes, FreeCAD packaging is something else entirely. Based on what I saw under 0.13, I expect proper packaging will likely involve a bunch of build system patches against the FreeCAD sources, which would likely involve working with upstream, etc. I just haven't checked into 0.14 yet to see if the build system went through a bit of an overhaul.

Please do not consider this ready for distribution (just packaging collaboration), but I'll stick any dependencies I finish here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Azlinon

Postby pete910 » Jan 7th, '15, 12:10

Azlinon wrote:I'm an experienced RPM packager, just new to the Mageia team. Btw, Mageia makes the task comparitively easy. By comparison, I'm usually stuck dealing with RHEL on an extremely buggy 4.4 RPM build, and sometimes even AIX on RPM 3.x.

But yes, FreeCAD packaging is something else entirely. Based on what I saw under 0.13, I expect proper packaging will likely involve a bunch of build system patches against the FreeCAD sources, which would likely involve working with upstream, etc. I just haven't checked into 0.14 yet to see if the build system went through a bit of an overhaul.

Please do not consider this ready for distribution (just packaging collaboration), but I'll stick any dependencies I finish here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

A few things I've read has said that RHEL is a pain. Good to know you've done this before.

Side note, the 14.3702 version will build fine on MGA4 in a console but refuses to successfully build when doing a package, even used the exact build/cmake command that's in the spec file :?

On the up side I have all ready redone most of the deps for MGA5 that is needed for the freecad build, I'll upload them today (and src) so you can check them out.
pete910

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 7th, '15, 13:00

There's a pretty recent freecad package for SuSe:
http://packman.inode.at/suse/factory/Ex ... .1.src.rpm
----
doktor5000

Postby pete910 » Jan 7th, '15, 13:21

doktor5000 wrote:There's a pretty recent freecad package for SuSe:
http://packman.inode.at/suse/factory/Ex ... .1.src.rpm

Cheers dok, Think thats from the unstable branch , last stable is 14.3702 iirc.

I've uploaded the deps that I've done for the MGA5 build Azlinon, including a patched Smesh build. Not able to do python-pivy as SoQT is missing in MGA5, srpms are there too btw .
pete910

Postby Azlinon » Jan 8th, '15, 10:14

Thank you. I assume we are working with the freecad from the mga4 srpms directory? It seems to have the same type of corruption that was happening to binaries earlier in this thread.

Code: Select all
[rick@newsauramon ~]$ rpm -i freecad-0.14.3256-2.mga4.src.rpm
warning: user pete does not exist - using root
warning: group pete does not exist - using root
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /home/rick/rpmbuild/SOURCES/freecad-0.14.3256.tar.gz;54ae35cb: cpio: read
error: freecad-0.14.3256-2.mga4.src.rpm cannot be installed

Code: Select all
[rick@newsauramon ~]$ sha256sum freecad-0.14.3256-2.mga4.src.rpm
506c53aa572d6e2fabcc24d3ed848771ebae2f40fb5b64b076af38c107f3d3ce  freecad-0.14.3256-2.mga4.src.rpm

I have a SoQt from mga4 currently installed on my host, python-pivy, and an updated version of your smesh.

Once we get the freecad SRPM file transfer straightened out, I'll take a look.

If that seems to works, someone will need to look into why SoQt was removed from cauldron before we just bring it back. There was probably a good reason for it....

That said, I'm all out of time for today.
Last edited by isadora on Jan 8th, '15, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Command-output placed between [CODE]-tags, for better readability. ;)
Azlinon

Postby pete910 » Jan 8th, '15, 12:40

Azlinon wrote:Thank you. I assume we are working with the freecad from the mga4 srpms directory? It seems to have the same type of corruption that was happening to binaries earlier in this thread.

Damn, I'll look later and let you know. :oops:

Azlinon wrote:I have a SoQt from mga4 currently installed on my host, python-pivy, and an updated version of your smesh.

Once we get the freecad SRPM file transfer straightened out, I'll take a look.

If that seems to works, someone will need to look into why SoQt was removed from cauldron before we just bring it back. There was probably a good reason for it....

That said, I'm all out of time for today.

Was going to point out that about SoQt . Was wondering why it's been removed. Its been obsoleted apparently :?
pete910

Postby pete910 » Jan 8th, '15, 14:27

Try now Azlinon.

Seems if I use dolphin to transferrer stuff to my FTP it corrupts it. I'll have to stick with using filezilla I suppose.

Think it may have been that that was the cause with the others.
pete910

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 8th, '15, 15:48

pete910 wrote:Seems if I use dolphin to transferrer stuff to my FTP it corrupts it. I'll have to stick with using filezilla I suppose.

Why not use rsync?
----
doktor5000

Postby pete910 » Jan 8th, '15, 20:25

doktor5000 wrote:
pete910 wrote:Seems if I use dolphin to transferrer stuff to my FTP it corrupts it. I'll have to stick with using filezilla I suppose.

Why not use rsync?

No reason, Dolphin was convenience more than anything. I quite like dolphin. Been able to connect to ftp/ssh or any other for that matter + the fact you can spit the window puts it way ahead of the majority of file explorers! Including the one in windows ;)
pete910

Previous

Return to Packaging and translating for Mageia