RazorQt and Hi

This forum is dedicated to packaging and translating :

On those activities rely the making of Mageia Linux Distribution.

Post all questions and information about packaging and translating : feedbacks, discussion about guidelines, packaging practices...

RazorQt and Hi

Postby scsijon » Jan 25th, '12, 01:22

I'll start with a hi!

I'm actually a puppyLinux person and have just completed (with problems) sorted out adding RazorQt as a package to that. I'm actually building a Qt Application Puppy, replacing non-qt apps with where possible qt apps.

And yes we do have a magela based puppy.

I actually came across to your system to find out if you had a package I could use for a simple small business, similar in format to the three column systems book, but with simple order, invoicing and sales receipts added, I doesn't seem to exist though, those out there are just too complicated for what's wanted in a mom-and-pop store with their first computer!

However, when looking through the specs and wants for magela2 I saw that razorqt was listed, but nothing further on what's happening, so I thought I could offer my services and build one for you while i'm still fresh with my own build experience.

The only problem I have is your alpha is of a size I cannot work with, as being a satellite connection 4gig would be two-thirds of my 6gig monthly allowance. If someone has a cut-down url, say for a gig or so size, I'm quite willing to create and debug, but not at any cost! Also I only work 32bit, I don't have anything larger and quite frankly don't need a 64bit box so I never bought one.

The other thing you need to check with using qt is that your binutils is at least version 2.20.51.0.11 or later, or has it's patches (including the patchfile 1.0) as this version fixes a lot (most) of problems with the 'ld' Dynamic Linker Loader and Qt4 from 4.7.4 and the later 4.8.x plus the proposed qt5 standard all make serious use of that toolset.

regards
scsijon
scsijon

Re: RazorQt and Hi

Postby doktor5000 » Jan 25th, '12, 02:27

You can have a look at https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Installation ... k_Installs
You could use one of the network install methods, depending on if you want to do a physical installation or into a virtual machine.
What do you mean exactly by satellite connection? 3G connection or DSL via a satellite dish?

FWIW, we have binutils 2.22 in cauldron. https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Cauldron
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Packaging and translating for Mageia