Translation of LXQt

This forum is dedicated to packaging and translating :

On those activities rely the making of Mageia Linux Distribution.

Post all questions and information about packaging and translating : feedbacks, discussion about guidelines, packaging practices...

Translation of LXQt

Postby papoteur » Sep 6th, '16, 10:12

Paiou did some work in translation of LXQt in French. [1]

But his work didn't landed in gihub.
Does someone (doktor5000) know how to contact or activate LXQt translation team (if it exists) to commit this work ?
I tried to send a message on lxde-i18n on sourceforge.net, after being subscribed, but my message is rejected.
Is the project still alive?
Papoteur

[1] https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/issues/1050
papoteur

Re: Translation of LXQt

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 6th, '16, 19:15

I can ask on their mailing list, but they seem to be having various issues with their translation solution (pootle) and the bridge to git.
Also as it's not a git pull request this raises the barrier for them to push this to their git, as the developers may not be that much into i18n ...
And yes the project is still alive, although the 0.11 release got delayed quite a bit - but this was the same for our release, right ;)
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Postby papoteur » Sep 6th, '16, 21:19

Thanks Florian,
Yes, I would be happy if you ask on the ML.
The problem with pull request is that I don't know where to put the files. There are many.
papoteur

Postby doktor5000 » Sep 6th, '16, 22:11

You basically clone their git repo, update your clone and then raise a pull request once you added your changes.
This is briefly described e.g. at https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/wiki/Contr ... ges-merged and for basic git handling there are countless easy guides out there.
Cauldron is not for the faint of heart!
Caution: Hot, bubbling magic inside. May explode or cook your kittens!
----
Disclaimer: Beware of allergic reactions in answer to unconstructive complaint-type posts
doktor5000

Return to Packaging and translating for Mageia